January is not often thought of as a popular month for traveling. Many folks are recovering from the holidays, and it can be difficult to bring children without having them miss any school.
But if you do have some free time in January, it is the perfect month to visit Belize. The big Christmas crowds have all faded away, airlines are offering competitive prices, and Belize will be enjoying long, sunny days with delightfully warm temperatures.
January in Belize
Daytime temperatures average around 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 degrees Celsius) in January, and the month falls during the height of the dry season, meaning that you’re nearly guaranteed to enjoy fantastic weather when you visit Belize in January.
The great weather makes it easy to enjoy popular activities such as:
- Exploring pyramids, palaces, and temples of ancient Maya cities.
- Hiking through a pristine rainforest in search of exotic wildlife like jaguars and monkeys.
- Enjoying a picnic at the base of a magnificent waterfall, followed by a refreshing swim in the pools at the base of the waterfall.
- Spotting some of the 500 different recorded bird species found in Belize.
- Cave tubing, the uniquely Belizean activity where you use a canoe or inflatable inner tube to explore a subterranean river.
- Spelunking to the deepest recesses of an ancient ceremonial cave.
- Learning more about the flowers and plants in the jungle.
- Horseback riding.
- Relaxing in a hot tub on the top of a luxury treehouse at Caves Branch Jungle Lodge.
- Swimming in the famous Inland Blue Hole.
- Strolling through a botanical garden.
- Enjoying a cheese tasting.
Of course, you may prefer to relax in a comfortable bed, play a friendly game of ping-pong, or marvel as the jungle comes to life at sunrise.
Caves Branch Jungle Lodge
Founded by a Canadian who fell in love with the beauty of the country, Caves Branch Lodge offers luxury accommodations deep in the heart of Belize’s pristine jungle in central Belize.
The jungle lodge is located just a short distance from Belmopan, the national capital and offers guests accommodations in bungalows, cabins, and five-star tree houses that enjoy amazing views of the surrounding jungle and river valley.
Caves Branch offers a number of Belize all inclusive vacation packages that include time spent on the beach and offshore islands.
Now that getting to Belize is easy for residents of Canada and the United States, now is definitely the right time to start planning your vacation to Belize this January.