- Reservations can be made by Phone, Fax or by Email.
- Whenever a reservation is made, a credit card form will be sent to you – which you will need to fill out and return by Fax to us. We prefer to have your signed authorization of the charges as well as your acknowledgment of our policies using the form that is sent with all invoices.
- A minimum stay of 3 nights is required for all advance reservations. We offer 3 through 7 nights all inclusive packages.
Black Out Dates
- December 15th – April 30th
* Discounts if any, during this period will be offered at our discretion.
- Check in time is 2:00pm
- Check out time is 11:00am
- If you arrive at the lodge before 2pm and your room is not ready, we cordially invite you to relax at our bar with either snacks, lunch or drinks or relax by the pool while you wait. We will do everything possible to have your room ready for you as soon as possible.
- For check outs – if you feel you need to stay in your room longer than 11am, discuss this with the Guest Services staff on duty. They will be able to tell you whether or not this is possible.
- If you need to check out early in the morning, before 7am, request your bill from the evening before so that you can take care of this and be ready to leave the following day.
Taxes & Rates
- Room rates are subject to 9% Hotel tax.
- Room rates are also subject to 10% resort fees.
- All meals and other miscellaneous charges are subject to 12.5% General Sales Tax (GST).
- All trips are subject to 12.5% General Sales Tax (GST).
- Packages include all taxes and resort fees.
- Your Invoice upon confirmation of reservations will have all applicable taxes added.
- Caves Branch reserves the right to adjust pricing without notice before any reservation is confirmed, but once a reservation is confirmed, all pricing is guaranteed final.
- Honeymoon Package prices are listed per COUPLE, not per person.
- Prices are available for packages for single travelers – Contact us for more information.
- All prices are quoted in $US.
- We accept ONLY Visa & MasterCard (credit cards) at the lodge for payment of your invoice balance, trips, rooms and other services.
- Credit card charges are at a rate of BZD$2.00 to USD$1.00.
- A deposit of 50% of the total of your invoice is required within 24 hours of your reservation in order to confirm. If it is not provided within this time, Caves Branch reserves the right to release your room until payment is made.
- Gratuities are not included in any charges. Gratuities are, however, appreciated by all staff but we prefer to leave tipping to the individual.
- A credit card form is sent along with your invoice so that you can send in your information for immediate payment.
- Caves Branch does not control added charges by your credit card company which they may add for foreign transactions.
- If payment is submitted via bank draft or wire transfer, your bank will add charges for which Caves Branch cannot be held responsible.
- It should be noted that Caves Branch has no control over these charges which any bank makes directly to you. We can only account for the amount you have authorized us to charge you.
- Children who are under 9 yrs. incur no charge for accommodations, meals and trips as long as the trips are ones offered on our property.
- A discount price of 20% will be given to children for trips such as the Zipline, Snorkeling, Diving, Horseback Riding and Tikal.
- a special discount is provided on 3 to 7 night packages for students age 10 to 16 years.
COVID 19 Cancellation Policy
- Any cancellation of reservations or part of any reservations must be received in writing.
- Caves Branch has amended their regular cancellation policies in view of the COVID-19 global situation. We value you as our customer and in order to protect your investment – in the form of your booking with us- we offer the following “cancellation” guarantee
- If your trip gets cancelled – for any reason – we guarantee a FULL 100% CREDIT of your deposit towards future travel dates.
- This offer is good for as many times as you need to reschedule.
- Your deposit in full is secure for up to 3 years and transferable to another reservation.
- When you rebook, we will add a 20% discount on your invoice – applicable for any time of year, for your ongoing loyalty to Caves Branch. Black Out dates are waived with this offer.
- Caves Branch is not responsible for refunding any portions of any itinerary, which the clients do not use.
- I understand that it is highly recommended to purchase trip cancellation insurance, within 7 days of confirming my booking – to protect my investment.
- Caves Branch does not sell Travel Insurance however we do recommend Travel Guard (www.travelguard.com)
Belize Travel/ Entry Requirements
- Travellers & visitors to Belize must possess a passport that is valid for anywhere between 3 and 6 months after the date of arrival.
When Traveling with Children:
- Parents travelling with children under 18 years of age must have proper documentation including a valid passport and letter of parental consent. Children traveling with one blood parent do require a notarized letter from the other parent indicating travel consent and authorization.
- When traveling with adults other than parents (Student Groups in particular) must be in possession of an original notarized letter of authorization signed by both parents
- Adopted children traveling with both parents must hold custody papers if child’s name is different from those of the adopting parents
In cases where travel is denied by an airline or immigration authority, refunds will not be extended. Caves Branch reserves the right to review the arrangements and decide on any actions on a case by case basis. Rebooking will incur additional charges and fees.
- The Cave Tubing and Zipline Combo, and Snorkeling Day Trips are only offered on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays.
- The Tikal day tour is offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Please note that some tours have set minimums that must be met in order to confirm them.
- Day tours booked for guests not staying overnight at Caves Branch require full payment as confirmation.
- Guests arriving for day trips must be at the lodge at the time stated by their booking agent.
- All day tours must be confirmed with full payment prior to arrival or participation in any activity with Caves Branch Adventure Co.
- Lunch is not included on the Snorkel / Diving trips, Tikal trips, Xunantunich day trip, Baboon Sanctuary and Zoo day trip.
- All other full day expeditions include lunch at no additional charge.
- All breakfast and dinner meals offered at Cave’s Branch are buffet style. All dishes are freshly prepared daily as home cooked meals. Our meals are not gourmet and we do not promote them as such.
- Menu is designed to change with seasonal fresh produce.
- Because Caves Branch cannot be held responsible or liable for trip cancellations or altered itineraries due to reasons out of our control, It is highly recommended that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for all bookings done in Belize.
- We do not sell travel insurance.
- Contact Travel Guard at (800) 826-1300, or visit their website: www.travelguard.com. Trip insurance has to be booked within 7 days of purchasing the trip in order to cover pre-existing medical conditions.
- Please review the following link carefully in regard to Weather or Hurricane Cancellation Coverage – which has some really important information on how to purchase: “AIG – Questions about Hurricane & Travel Insurance“
- All travelers to Belize must ensure that their passport is valid for travel with 6 or more months
- Children under 18 years of age must provide a valid passport and letter of parental consent
- Children traveling with one natural parent require a notarized letter of authority from the other parent indicating travel consent
- Children traveling with adults other than parents, must provide an original notarized letter of authorization signed by both parents consenting to his/her travel
- Adopted minors traveling with both adopted parents must hold custody papers if child’s name is different from those of the adopted parents
- Caves Branch will not provide refunds for portions of any stay that are created by not complying with these instructions or not allowed to travel by any airlines or government including Belize Immigration. It is the sole responsibility of any person traveling to obtain the proper travel documents and permission to do so.
Waver of Liability
- Upon checking in, all guests are required to sign a Waiver of Liability release form. A copy of this Waiver of Liability release form can be sent to you in advance if requested.
Guarantee of Participation
- Our concern for your safety is our primary mandate.
- Guarantee of Participation on any expeditions cannot be made in advance for any person even if they have made a reservation and or made a deposit or made payment in full for any activity.
- Caves Branch Jungle Lodge, the management and the staff have the right to refuse participation of any person at any time for any reason leading to the concern that the person’s fitness or actions might put that person, or others, in harm’s way.
- All decisions are final and not arbitrated.
- Alternative activities will be recommended or if you prefer, payments made to Caves Branch will be refunded in full if we feel that it would be better for your safety if you did not participate on that specific trip.